The Temporary Service Suspension programs is designed specifically for people who don’t reside at one location all year round. You can put your account into a Seasonal/Cottage mode once a year for a minimum period of 6 weeks to a maximum of 6 months. There are no de-activation or re-activation fees. The account is not turned off, but what happens is the speed gets reduced to 1.5 Mbps and the amount of data to use in a month is reduced as well, see chart below.
The Seasonal progam is designed for customers who require little to no internet service during the winter or off-peak season.
The Cottage program is designed for customers who require minimal surfing and downloading capability during winter or off-peak season.
Effective September 4th, 2018, Xplornet will be implementing a $5.00 price increase on the internet Temporary Suspension Service.
This change in policy will not impact customers who have been placed on a temporary suspend prior to September 4, 2018.
Here’s a snapshot of the Temporary Service Suspension Policy:
- Xplornet allows customers to suspend their service, for any reason, once every 12 months for a maximum of 6 months.
- The year starts as of the date of their service suspension, so if a customer suspends September 1st 2018, they are not eligible for another suspend until September 1st 2019.
- During suspend, any existing contract will be paused; when the service is unsuspended the contract will resume.
- To qualify for a temporary suspend, the customer must be up to date in payments and have no previous Temporary suspend over the last 12 months.
- $10.00/mo fee to suspend Home Phone service applies, in addition to the Access Service fee**
Note: Hardware rental on LTE/FWA is $5, hardware rental on ViaSat/Jupiter is $15.